ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Prepare estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work and enter into the computer estimating system; review computer printout for accuracy and completeness.
- Request quotes from suppliers for equipment and materials.
- Identify qualified suppliers/subcontractors and solicit quotes. Review quotes for completeness with plans and specifications
- Itemize and quantify all incidentals necessary in preparing the bid packages including: sub-contract work, equipment rental, tools and supplies
- Prior to the issuing of the formal bid package, provide to the Chief Estimator a detailed review of scope, technical requirements and pricing for the estimated bid package.
- After the successful bid at project turnover, meet with Project Management to fully explain the estimate, scope of work, quotes and offer aspects for the successful transition of the project.
- Responsible for the timely completion of all client-required documents.
- Draft scope letter inclusions, exclusions, and clarifications for estimates
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or a related field
- Minimum 2 years’ experience estimating commercial construction projects, preferably in electrical construction
- Experience in Accubid/Enterprise/Livecount/software preferred
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Advanced knowledge of assigned discipline, construction technology, estimating techniques and cost control
- Ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems
- Ability to perform arithmetic calculations required for estimating
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and/or engineering design drawings
- Ability to identify and meet customers’ needs expectations and requirements
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of specific variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others