- Experience 5-10 Years
- Benefits Full
- Position Estimator
Here is an opportunity for an estimator with 5 years of experience to be part of a growing company in the engineered building market sector, located in Richmond, VA. With the contracts currently in the pipeline, they are poised to double the sales revenue from last year. Customer base is in the industrial warehouse, military, and church market sectors. Knowledge of Archicad, Blue Beam, or PMX software is required.
- Prepares bid packages, estimates, design development budgets, analyzes subcontractor bids,etc. Gathers, calculates and compiles data for use in conceptual/bid proposal estimates, and prepares routine estimates under general supervision. Maintains current, accurate information on prices from suppliers and contractors through direct contact, written materials, sales brochures, price lists, etc.
- Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare timeframes, costs,
- materials, and labor estimates.
- Establish pricing and conduct feasibility comparisons on changes and comparisons to cost estimates.
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners, subcontractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to costs estimates. Conduct negotiations.
- Consult with clients, vendors, and internal project team members to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Verify subcontractor references and coordinate prequalification requests.
- Abstract bids and coordinate subcontractor bid process and results.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with building partners (i.e., subcontractors, architects, etc.)
- Participate in presentations to prospective clients when necessary.
- Budgets, estimates and prepares contracts for negotiated, select-bid and hard-bid projects.
- Develops owner and subcontractor contracts.
- Thorough understanding of trades, scopes, timelines, scheduling/sequencing of work
- Prepares value engineering as needed.
- Solicits, interviews and pre-qualifies subcontractors. Manages a database of qualified subcontractors capable of worksite completion. Chooses appropriate subs for projects, eliminates poorly qualified subs and manages process goals.
- Meet Deadlines: You are capable of working on 3 to 5 bids in various stages
- simultaneously. You will need to react to questions and interruptions during your work while remaining calm and focused during bid day. You must be able to meet deadlines.