- Benefits Full
We are representing a company that is at the very front end of a multi-year building project in the Fresno, CA area. There is a lot of excitement about this project and about this company. They are a very innovative firm and are one of the top companies in ENR.
They need Project Schedulers.
A construction scheduler plays a vital role in a construction project, helping to manage both time and resources to ensure work is completed on time. The job of a scheduler is to create timetables for the entire project, which includes determining the timing of tasks and when specific materials will be needed. Construction work is often cyclical, and delays are normal, so a scheduler must make sure projects are fully staffed when appropriate and that workers are able to access tools and building materials. If an unanticipated delay arises, the scheduler must readjust timetables as much as possible to avoid wasting further time and money; this may be challenging, especially given the external pressures from clients, government restrictions, and the project manager.
Construction schedulers usually work directly under the project manager, and consult with the manager about creating schedules and managing delays.
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable discipline and a minimum of 3 years of scheduling experience on ($50M+) construction projects.
- Experience in preparing schedules for building projects and high-rise structures is preferred.
- Proven experience in developing, maintaining, forecasting and controlling of scheduling costs
- Must have experience with Primavera P6 Project Management Enterprise Scheduling Software including cost loading and resource loading capabilities. Experience in running the most current version of P6 software is preferred.
- Must possess full proficiency in CPM scheduling techniques and principles, including the demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects concurrently.
- Must possess excellent computer skills with working knowledge of importing and exporting information into Primavera P6 Scheduling Software using Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project Software.
- Expert in CPM scheduling with the ability to review and analyze schedules and changes to determine the impact on a project.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information in a concise manner and to make recommendations on strategies to resolve project issues is required.
- Positive customer service orientation, with both internal and external clients is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required, demonstrating a consistent commitment and ability to work with diverse work groups and individuals.