- Experience 3-5 Years
- Qualification Bachelor's Degree
- Benefits Full
Architect Project Coordinator
This position is responsible for the coordination of the project form an architectural standpoint. This includes communication with different stakeholders and to increase collaboration between Company and external design teams in order to design the most efficient and standardized Company structure possible.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Attend Project meetings/calls to integrate Company’s system into new and ongoing projects
- Prepare Coordination Packages/Log for internal and external parries and review packages prepared by Junior coordinator. This includes the review of items presented by the team
- Model Reviews-ensure efficient design strategies are being used as well as whether the details are outdated and determine new details.
- Submittal Reviews for Project Deadlines-this includes sets issue by team for internal review.
Distribute review sets to Company’s EOR (in JPC absence) as well as coordinate updates and corrections to submittal set with team and perform final QC.
Ensure submittals are complete and thorough set to external project team on time.
- Clash Detection-Review clash report from MEP team and distribute to external parties.
- Scheduling-send all schedule updates to the assigned Design Project Manager as well as work with Company team to ensure project will meet all deadlines. The goal is to keep project teams up to date with all project deadlines to ensure deadlines are met and outstanding issues are closed in advance of all deadlines.
- Collaborating with Consulting Engineer to ensure the project is continuously moving forward and ensuring there is sufficient time for project reviews.
- Quality Assurance-review the submittal seta for any errors (format, detailing, content and coordination). Reduce RFI’s during construction that result from unclear or incomplete project submittals as well as reduce questions from Field Services team that are from unfamiliarity with project details and enforcing standardization during design.
Project Document Tracking-File all incoming files from external and internal teams in appropriate location. Also keep all drawing sets in one common locations for the entire company and keeping the documented updated at all times.
- Team/Department Development-As part of development job shadowing will be part of development. This includes the attendance of project specific coordination meetings with the Design Project Manager, and Junior Project Coordinator and taking minutes in DPM’s absence.
Dial in to all coordination calls to stay abreast of the projects progress and development.
Meet weekly with DPM to update on status of projects
Track IDP hours for licensure (if applicable)
Attend code classes for credits towards IDP (If applicable)
Some travel may be required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Auto Desk Revit
- Coordination of log and documents
- Autodesk Bluebeam
- Microsoft Outlook and Excel
- Represent Company in a professional manner as well as communicate efficiently and accurately on calls, in all internal and external meetings.
Preferred Education and Experience: (indicate educated based on requirements that are job related and consistent with business necessity.)
- Degree in architecture or related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in an architecture, structure, or drafting company
- Basic knowledge of metal structural design
- Knowledge or experience in MEP coordination
- Has supervisory or management responsibilities over junior designers.
- This position operates in a typical office environment and sometimes requires trips to job sites
- This is a full-time, exempt level position.