DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create Estimating Department including software system development for the success of the department
- Must be good at training & developing people
- Prepare estimates from quantity take-off on projects and complete estimates to computer printout.
- Identify parts of the project that may be key to making a competitive estimate.
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, and attend pre-bid meetings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Evaluate possible areas for potential value engineering cost savings.
- Provide leadership to personnel preparing discipline sub estimates for assigned bids.
- Ensure all working documents and data are maintained to back-up estimate figures.
- Develop labor productivity and (installation unit costs where applicable) based on projected site conditions and historical data.
- Prepare detailed listing of material and equipment items for the estimate and to obtain quotes.
- Identify qualified suppliers/subcontractors and be responsible to solicit quotes. Review quotes for completeness and conformance with plans and specs.
- Responsible for the timely completion of all client-required documents.
- Draft scope/proposal letters for bid and negotiated projects.
- After the successful bid at project turnover, meet with the Project Management departments to fully explain job scope, potential areas of attention and other aspects for the successful transition of the project.
- Maintain files of all working documents to back-up estimate figures and update the approved estimating program.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the position’s role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or a related field
- Experience in estimating software preferred (USING OST NOW)
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience