- Experience 5-10 Years
- Qualification Bachelor's Degree
- Benefits Full
- Position Senior Project Manager
This Senior Construction Project Manager position is for a large, well respected New York City Real Estate Developer. You must have High Rise Project Experience of over $100 million to be chosen. The position is focused on production, safety, and quality. Senior Project Manager will work closely with Project Superintendent, QCM, Site Safety and Health Officer (SSHO), and Administrative Assistant. Senior Construction Project Manager will direct all construction and administrative activities at the project site(s) in accordance with pre-established policies, project schedules, budgets, drawings, specifications, and procedures.
Strong leadership skills
High rise experience a must
- Actively participate in pre-construction activities. Attend pre-construction meetings as required by the Client. Become familiar with the contract drawings and specifications. Contribute to the development of the project schedule.
- Competently lead, manage, and direct project site personnel. Provide direction regarding individuals’ activities. Provide effective assistance and support in resolving issues concerning the project or site personnel. Provide assistance in obtaining submittals when appropriate. Conduct effective performance evaluations
- Assertively manage and direct subcontractors and suppliers. Conduct weekly project meetings with the subcontractors and accurately document those meetings. Ensure subcontractor activities are coordinated to avoid conflicts. Ensure that Requests For Information from the subcontractors are answered in a timely manner. Ensure that the subcontractors sufficiently staff the project to ensure timely completion of their activities. Ensure that the subcontractors and suppliers properly interpret the contract drawings and specifications. Initiate and inform subcontractors of pending backcharges. Schedule punchlist items for completion. Prepare correspondence to and review correspondence from subcontractors and suppliers.
- Positively interact with the Senior Construction Manager. Periodically discuss the project progress and issues with the Senior Construction Manager. Determine and recommend improvements in methods, project schedules, and procedures when appropriate.
- Positively interact with the Client representatives. Conduct weekly project meetings with the Client representatives. Follow up with the Client representatives to assure the receipt and resolution of Requests For Information. Prepare correspondence to and review correspondence from the Client.
- Competently direct and thoroughly document construction activities. Prepare the Daily Construction Reports. Prepare Requests For Information as required. Walk the project site frequently to ensure proper, safe, and timely activities are in progress. Ensure the timely delivery of materials and equipment. Review incoming and outgoing correspondence. Ensure that all incoming and outgoing correspondence is properly routed and filed.
- Effectively control cost. Review, code, and approve all receivers (including credit purchases). Review, code, approve, and submit petty cash invoices and receipts. Review and approve all time cards after verifying they have been accurately filled out.Ensure that subcontractors’ work is performed according to the Subcontract Agreement. Maintain progress according to the project schedule.
- Systematically perform proper planning. Utilize the project schedule and related reports to the fullest extent possible. Notify the subcontractors of their scheduled start date. Periodically review the contract drawings in order to anticipate and prevent conflicts. Prepare a Four Week Short Interval Schedule to be used in the weekly project meeting with subcontractors. Review, document, log, and, if appropriate, incorporate Requests For Information into the project schedule. Review subcontracts and purchase orders to obtain a thorough understanding of work to be performed and the materials and/or equipment to be used.
- Provide progress information to be used in preparing the project payment requests to the Client according to established procedures. Review with each subcontractor the percent complete of construction activities and value of stored materials located at the project site on the project update date.Prepare an overall percent complete of construction activities and review with the Client representative.
Education and Experience: Bachelor of Science in a construction related field (preferred).Five (5) years field experience as Project Manager on similar size and type of projects or equivalent experience.
Skills and Knowledge: Read and interpret drawings and specifications Interpret contract terms and conditions Working knowledge of CPM scheduling; excellent communication skills; strong computer skills