1. Establish division objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within the boundaries of corporate policy.
2. Plan, staff, and supervise all division activities including personnel administration, performance management and review, defining functions, responsibilities, etc.
3. Create an annual business plan that provides a unit operational budget that supports the revenue and profitability goals of the Company.
4. Ensure positive cash-flow position for the division.
5. Maintain a complete knowledge of the status of all projects. Instill and promote a “win-win” attitude with the Project Managers to ensure successful, profitable work for the company as well as a satisfied customer. Coordinate efforts with Business Development Group.
6. Monitor overall quantity and quality of work performed by the division.
7. Select/assign project team members based on their experience and the needs of the project.
8. Maintain regular positive interface with General and/or Area Superintendent as it relates to the availability of Field Resources, Quality Control, Safety, and Cost at Completion Projects.
9. Interface with finance department as it relates to revenue recognition, claims preparation, and job site support.
10. The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties may be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Construction Management, or equivalent.
• Minimum 10 Years extensive experience in the construction industry
• Can be a combination of training, education and relevant work experience that is equivalent.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Advanced knowledge of all aspects of construction required
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrates record of successful project management in complex situations
• Effective organizational, prioritization and time management skills
• Accurate, detail oriented, dependable and punctual
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of specific variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
• Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary.
• Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude.
• Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position.
• Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player.
• Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others.
• Travel to various locations required up to 50% of time
• General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
• Noise level is usually low to medium
• Occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs.
• Limited exposure to the environments of customer facilities