A well established flooring company is seeking a Director of Preconstruction who will act as a key leader in the entire work acquisition process including management, coordination and delivery of the preconstruction phases of the project and extensive client contact. With high expectations and a generous compensation package their culture is best in class and takes care of their employees and clients.
Directs preconstruction activities for a division by overseeing the pursuit, estimating, design development and client relations between the bid and initial phase of construction. The Director is responsible for taking on multiple pursuits and company-wide initiatives.
- Maintain a cadence of quarterly OKR’s for the estimating department, each estimator and yourself to ensure consistent improvement.
- High internal emotional need to succeed.
- Expert in carpet, resilient, ceramic tile and floor preparation including estimating, installation, product knowledge, problem solving and pricing.
- Measure critical drivers and results to evaluate and improve the performance of the department and each estimator.
- Create standards for repetitive work.
- Directs project pursuit efforts by working closely with Preconstruction manager and Pursuit Manager.
- Works with Business Development team to develop team opportunities (JV, designers, other strategic construction partners)
- Directs pursuit team on SOQ, timelines, and deliverables.
- Leads client interaction and significant changes in contract, procurement, design, schedule, or construction-plans.
- Partner with design managers to develop the best possible technical solution.
- Direct project-specific client management strategy. Manages client expectations and communication based on contract specifications and needs of the Owner.
- Directs the project hand-off between the bid and construction teams and leads
- Preconstruction Manager with client relations during the initial phases of project construction, as needed.
- Oversee the commercial aspects of the procurement
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, conflict resolution, and interpersonal skills required.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills, including experience negotiation matters on behalf of the JV as they relate to cost, schedule & contract matters with owner, partners, and subcontractors.
- In-depth understanding of contract procurement including design-build and P3 pursuit process for heavy civil infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrated experience leading partnering and teaming agreements.
- Understanding of cost estimating practices, development, and implementation.
- Strong communication and organizational skills required.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment required.