- Assist Pre-construction Managers with Pre-construction estimating and information procurement, process engagement and completion.
- Assist and participate in pre-construction training , work product, scheduling and performance.
- Participate in strategies for new business development, marketing and procurement of new client relationships.
- Establish and maintain existing and new client relationships.
- Manage and assist with procurement of all documents, information and articles for proposals and presentations.
- Participate and assist in the preparation of proposals and presentations to clients.
- Participate in preconstruction strategy with approach to each proposal and presentation.
- Assist with the maintenance of existing and procurement of new subcontractor/vendor relationships
- Assist in the creation of a clear scope of work for all bidder proposals
- Assist in the Pre-qualification of bidders.
- Assist in Competitive bidding, budgeting, forecasting client contract negotiation and awards.
- Analyze potential project risk factors and pitfalls on a case-by-case basis.
- Create assembly of quantity take offs, subcontractor/vendor quotations. Breakdown and coordinate scopes of work and cost analysis for all CSI Division for each proposal.
- Learn and possess a good understanding and practical knowledge of the company estimating and quantity takeoff software.
- Learn and possess a good understanding and practical knowledge of the company estimating practices, procedures and overall estimating system.
- Assist in the establishment of new and efficient company estimating practices and procedures succeeding mastery of existing procedures.
- Maintain estimating records for each proposal type and category.
- Assist with the preparation of the preconstruction hand off to Construction Department
Summary List of Qualifications
- Ability to travel to projects for 2-3days per week when necessary.
- 2 or 4 year degree in Engineering/Architecture or Building Construction discipline
- Strong leadership and planning skills
- Strong analysis and critical thinking skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 2 years previous experience preferred in similar position in the commercial building construction industry