Well established construction company is seeking an Assistant Project Manager to join their team of construction professionals! You will be responsible for the support of our company project management staff. Your support will be initiated during preconstruction to groundbreaking and ultimately through project completion. We will train you using our company training program, preparing you to perform support services for the assigned Project Manager(s)
- Primary responsibility for this position will be the implementation , organization,tracking, procurement , review and approval of all project submittals .
- Additional secondary responsibilities to include assisting the project management team with the following items: Assist in the maintenance of working relationships with Clients, Consultants and other agencies
- Assist with the procurement of materials and services for projects in progress
- Assist with the distribution of scope of work assignments for each subcontractor & vendor
- Assist in the procurement of contracts with vendors and suppliers Assist in the administration and tracking of project costs including participation in project accounting updates , approvals and processes
- Assist in the coordination of all project team members Assist in the maintenance of project schedules Maintain project communication hierarchy and protocol between project team & review projects in field
- Quality Control Assist in the scheduling of and attend all job meetings when necessary Assist in the creation of and participate in Project closeout procedures
- Ability to travel to projects for 2-3 days per week when necessary.
- 2 year or 4-year degree in Engineering/ Architecture or Building Construction discipline
- Superior Leadership and planning skills
- Superior analysis and critical thinking skills Deadline and detail-oriented
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 2 years previous experience preferred in similar position in the commercial building construction industry.