● Take responsibility for ensuring everything is in place for field operations staff to perform jobs efficiently
● Take ownership of various business processes related to the preconstruction process, such as:
○ document flow control for contracts and subcontracts
○ short term resource coordination with Project Manager
○ communication with customers regarding scheduling
○ invoicing and job closeout
● Work with the VP of Preconstruction and VP of Construction to maintain a high level view of available capacity
● Manage the work pipeline in conjunction with the Sales Manager and General Superintendent to ensure customer
satisfaction by completing jobs on time, and also reducing overcommitments
● Review profitability of jobs after completion, consult with General Superintendent and estimator(s) to improve
future operations based on lessons learned
Education: College degree preferred
Work Experience: 1 year of project management or construction project administration experience
● Detail Oriented: Be detail oriented and careful, but accept that not everything can be perfect.
● Creativity: Constantly seek out new and better solutions
● Integrity: Earn the trust and respect of others
● Aligned Values: Align with company’s values: Relationships, Quality, Adaptability & Responsibility
● Highly Self Managed: Manage your schedule, prioritize your work flow, and require little direction
● Character Strength: Make principled decisions
● Good Human: Respectfully interact with a wide range of people
● Comfort with technology
○ You must be comfortable doing all of your administrative work on a computer, tablet, and/or phone
● Communication- This position requires speaking with and writing to external and internal stakeholders, with clarity and
● Strong organizational skills
○ You must be able to coordinate multiple simultaneous projects involving various suppliers, diverse clients,
subcontractors and vendors, which are completed using variable crews and equipment.
ENVIRONMENT OR PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS-
10% of work requires travel between office and client job sites, including navigating walking and non-walking
surfaces, such as pipeline right-of-ways, tunnel shafts, tunnels, partially-constructed buildings, etc.
90% of work takes place in a general office/shop environment.
OVERTIME CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt.
COMPANY PROVIDES: Phone & computer. Benefits include SIMPLE IRA, health, dental, disability, vision & dental insurance, vacation, paid sick time.