Well established construction company seeking an Assistant Project Manager to join their team of construction professionals! Candidate would be responsible for the support of the company management staff. This support will be initiated during pre-construction to ground breaking and ultimately through project completion. Training is available through the company training program.
- Ability to travel to projects for 2-3 days per week when necessary.
- 2 – or 4 – year degree in Engineering / Architecture or Building Construction discipline
- Strong Leadership and planning skills
- Strong analysis and critical thinking skills
- Deadline and detail – oriented
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 2 years previous experience preferred in a similar position in the commercial building construction industry
- Primary responsibility for this position will be the implementation, organization, tracking, procurement, review and approval of all project submittals.
- Additional secondary responsibilities to include assisting the project management team with the following items:
- Assist in the maintenance of working relationships with the project team , with the procurement of materials and services for projects in progress., with the distribution of scope of work assignments for each subcontractor & vendor , in the procurement of contracts with vendors and suppliers , in the administration & tracking of project costs including participation in project accounting updates, approvals and processes,
- Coordination of all project team members Assist in the maintenance of project schedules,
- Review projects in field Quality Control, Assist in the scheduling of & attend all job meetings when necessary, Assist in the creation of and participate in Project closeout procedures